Caring for your Sqiins
Keeping your SQIINS looking great depends both on the material and your own aesthetic preferences – some people like their bags to acquire a ‘worn in look’ others like to keep them looking brand new. Either way, there are some basic care recommendations you should adhere to:
- Never wash them in a washing machine.
- Never dry-clean them.
- Protect them from direct heat sources such as radiators, particularly with dark canvas colours.
- Store them in their dust bag away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid contact with toiletries and cosmetics.
The beauty of leather is the minor variations in colour and imperfections that it picks up over time. This all helps tell the story of who you are and where you’ve been and should be embraced as part of owning something truly unique.
However, over time, you may find your leather bag begins to dry out and/or needs a clean. In this case, follow our simple instructions below:
- Remove any dirt or dust with a cloth or clean brush.
- For more stubborn dirt, use a slightly dampened cloth. Then allow to dry naturally.
- To keep it supple, rub in a good quality leather cream and buff with a clean soft cloth.
Our waxed cotton is traditionally manufactured in Britain, its spiritual home.
To clean your waxed cotton bag, follow our simple instructions below:
- Remove any dirt, sand or abrasive materials using a clean brush.
- For small areas of stubborn dirt, gently message with a sponge or brush using cold water and mild soap.
- Rinse with cold water using a sponge.
- Let your bag to dry naturally.
Our waxed cotton is highly durable due to its thickness and its wax treatment. However, over time the wax treatment can wear down and, in this case, your bag will need re-proofing. For information on doing this at home or professionally, please email us on email@example.com.
Elastomer PVC coated Polyester
Our rubber bags are elastomer PVC coated polyester produces an tactile fabric, with matt finish and almost spongy texture.
To clean your rubber bag, please follow the simple instructions below:
- Remove any dirt using a clean non-abrasive sponge.
- For more stubborn dirt, gently message the spotted areas with a sponge using lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry naturally.